The Benefits Support Service offers assistance to people with learning disabilities who do not meet the Council’s FACS eligibility criteria for services. In order to receive this service, people with learning disabilities must:
- Be resident in the London Borough of Bromley;
- Not meet the Council’s Fair Access to Care eligibility criteria;
- Have a learning disability/difficulty
- Be aged 18 and over
- Have a complex benefit enquiry
- Not have appropriate family, or other, support
The Benefits Support Service is available for 25 hrs per week at Bromley Mencap offices and at various venues across the borough including fortnightly sessions at Cotmandene and Mottingham.
It is an appointment only service and there is a monthly weekend drop-in. The telephone number is 020 8315 2571.