Ambitious about Autism in association with Action for Kids and Dimensions announce a series of five free parent seminars on topics of interest to all parents and carers of young people with disabilities and/or special needs aged 14 plus. The seminars will be held in St Albans Centre, Leigh Place, Baldwins Gardens, Holborn, London EC1N 7AB across the summer term and are free of charge.
The seminars will be delivered by a team of legal and other experts and cover many of the relevant topics parents and carers need to know to negotiate the often complex process of transition to further education and adult life, including
- Transition from school, social care and carers’ rights
- The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and transition
- Further education, the Learning Difficulty Assessment (LDA) and vocational opportunities
- Health service and social care funding, health and disability issues
- Housing and benefits in transition.
A leaflet with full details can be found here. Entry will be by ticket only and will include a light vegetarian buffet lunch.