Salary: £26,000 p.a. & 2% pension
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Recently commissioned by the London Borough of Bromley and Bromley Clinical Commissioning Group, Bromley Third Sector Enterprise (BTSE) provides a new approach to supporting Bromley residents including:
- Support of older people
- Adults with long term health conditions
- Adults with learning disabilities
- Adults with physical disabilities
- People with mental health issues
This is an exciting time to become part of the team at Bromley Mencap as we work with our partners Age UK Bromley & Greenwich, Bromley & Lewisham Mind, Citizens Advice Bromley and Community Links Bromley. We deliver services for local people to help them maintain both their physical and mental health as well as their independence and employment opportunities.
About the role:
Through tailored person centred support, you will assist people with learning disabilities (LD), physical disabilities (PD) and long term health conditions (LTHCs) to address barriers to employment and education by providing advice, guidance and support to improve access to education, employment and volunteering whilst supporting retention of paid employment.
You will also support referrals of people with mental health issues, requiring retention support to an appropriate service.
Reporting to the Employment Services Manager, here are some of the skills that will make you stand out:
- Experience of Supported Employment
- Knowledge of relevant disability and employment legislation
- Experience of planning, preparing and delivering work preparation sessions to groups of people
- Confidence in public speaking and telephone skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with a diverse range of people, both internally and externally
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 22nd January. To apply click here
BTSE and Bromley Mencap are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity, promote equality, and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.