COVID-19 Service Update
All face to face work suspended
- Welfare benefit claims continuing by telephone, although new DWP guidance has reduced the urgency of some applications.
- Telephone support continues and meetings held over Zoom or FaceTime.
- Contacting vulnerable clients to assess need and provide support as required. Emergency shopping and medication provided.
- Virtual workshops and drop-ins delivered through Zoom and various apps.
Identifying families in need and in crisis and offering support as appropriate in particular families under additional pressure as schools are closed and disabled children are at home presenting further challenges. Referrals to other services as appropriate.
Our Community Outreach Project is based at our new Community Hub, The Lodge, Norman Park. The project is funded by the Lottery’s Reaching Communities programme. Our Community Outreach Worker offers:
- Information and support around welfare benefits, budgeting and other finance matters, including help to access banks, post office etc.
- Regular monthly drop-ins for support with correspondence and a chance to make friends in a safe environment
- Regular monthly workshops on daily living skills, keeping safe and avoiding hate crime, healthy lifestyles, preparing for employment, using social media and technology
- Support at meetings with other professionals including social services, schools, colleges, medical professionals etc.
- Support to access other community services and leisure activities
For further information, please contact our Community Outreach Workers Caroline Stone (Children) firstname.lastname@example.org and Matt Yule (Adults) email@example.com on 020 8466 0790