Our Step Forward Programme supports adults with learning disabilities who have complex needs into training, volunteering and paid employment.
The programme provides an opportunity to work towards paid employment or voluntary work, including advice, support and coaching for all candidates. To be eligible for this programme, candidates must have an adult social care package. The service is funded by the London Borough of Bromley. Flyer and additional information here
We run weekly workshops 3 days a week for 30 attendees (10 in each workshop) out of the Astley Day Centre. The course syllabus covers the following:
- healthy living which includes diet and personal hygiene
- keeping safe which includes hazards at work and traveling to and from work
- employer expectations which includes punctuality and health & wellbeing
- support to secure and maintain employment which includes employment law and the Access To Work scheme
- being employed which includes budgeting and team working.
Get in Touch
Please contact us on 020 8466 0790 for more information.
Need to know
Who can apply
Adults with learning disabilities who have complex needs
Duration and Days
Workshops are held Tuesday to Thursday from 10:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00.
Astley Day Centre, 39 Magpie Hall Lane, Bromley, BR2 8ED
Free, Step Forward is funded by the London Borough of Bromley
Please contact us on 020 8466 0790 for more information
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we have produced videos to reinforce the learning from each workshop in a memorable way!
We currently have three workshop videos available.
- Preparing for work
- The journey to work
- Health and Safety