COVID-19 Service Update
Service being delivered through new models of support during the closure of Astley Day Centre
- Staff calling clients once a week (on client’s workshop days) to support their wellbeing and keep in touch.
- Social media – closed groups through Facebook and WhatsApp launched.
Virtual Workshops being delivered.
- Activity pack and worksheets have been created i.e. games/quizzes and sent to clients who do not have access to email.
Bromley Mencap delivers a service which supports adults with complex needs in to training, volunteering and paid employment.
Weekly workshops of 10 attendees are run out of the Astley Day Centre and cover 5 topics:
- healthy living which includes diet and personal hygiene;
- keeping safe which includes hazards at work and traveling to and from work;
- employer expectations which includes punctuality and health & wellbeing;
- support to secure and maintain employment which includes employment law and the Access To Work scheme;
- being employed which includes budgeting and team working.