COVID-19 Service Update
Service being delivered through new models of support during the closure of Astley Day Centre
- Staff calling clients once a week (on client’s workshop days) to support their wellbeing and keep in touch.
- Social media – closed groups through Facebook and WhatsApp launched.
- Virtual Workshops being delivered.
- Activity pack and worksheets have been created i.e. games/quizzes and sent to clients who do not have access to email.
Bromley Mencap delivers the Step Forward Project which supports adults with complex needs in to training, volunteering and paid employment. Flyer and additional information here
Weekly workshops of 10 attendees are run out of the Astley Day Centre and cover 5 topics:
- healthy living which includes diet and personal hygiene;
- keeping safe which includes hazards at work and traveling to and from work;
- employer expectations which includes punctuality and health & wellbeing;
- support to secure and maintain employment which includes employment law and the Access To Work scheme;
- being employed which includes budgeting and team working.