Bromley Mencap delivers a service which supports adults with complex needs in to training, volunteering and paid employment.
Weekly workshops of 10 attendees are run out of the Astley Day Centre and cover 5 topics:
- healthy living which includes diet and personal hygiene;
- keeping safe which includes hazards at work and traveling to and from work;
- employer expectations which includes punctuality and health & wellbeing;
- support to secure and maintain employment which includes employment law and the Access To Work scheme;
- being employed which includes budgeting and team working.