COVID-19 Service Update
All face to face meetings suspended.
- Staff are home based and support offered via telecommunications
- Increase in frequency of the newsletter from fortnightly to weekly which includes resources for activities and ideas/suggestions for children
- Additional e-resources are being circulated to families on the database
- Drop-ins being carried out using Zoom – these take place twice a month with follow up 1:1 calls as required. More details can be found for January and February by clicking on the links
- Ambitious about Autism introductory training being delivered via Zoom. More information can be found for February and March dates by clicking on the links
Our part-time Family Support Worker for children and young people with social and communication needs provides advice, guidance and signposting to local and national services for parents and carers who have concerns about their children’s social and communication needs, awaiting assessment or post diagnosis of assessment. Our Family Support Worker is available to attend diagnostic assessments with parents and offer a follow up meeting within two weeks of the diagnostic meeting.
CASPA delivers quarterly workshops for parents and carers which are user-led, focus on the needs of families and include a wide range of autism-specific topics. The workshops offer peer support and signposting. In addition Bromley Mencap provides a monthly themed drop-in for families.
We have produced an Information Pack for families in Bromley with children and young people with social and communication difficulties and/or autism
Bromley Council has produced a ‘Do you Know Guide‘ for families with children and teenagers who have social and communication difficulties including Autism in Bromley.
To contact the service please telephone our Helpline on 020 8466 0790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call us if you think we can assist you in any way.
We run a number of small grant schemes. For more details, contact Caroline Stone